Preparation Time: 2 hours Servings: 4
|1 1/2 lb||chicken thighs, cubed|
|1 cup||onions, diced|
|4-5||whole red chilies|
|1/4 cup||white wine vinegar (add more if you like)|
|1 tsp||cinnamon powder|
|1 tsp||turmeric powder|
|1 1/2 tsp||mustard seeds|
|2 cups||potatoes, diced (optional)|
|4 tbsp||olive oil|
- Soak whole chilies, garlic cloves and ginger in the white wine vinegar for about half an hour. Grind and make a paste of it. Marinate chicken in the chili paste and let it sit in a refrigerator for at least an hour.
- For the dry spice: mix cloves, cumin, cardamom, cinnamon, turmeric and peppercorn. Grind them in a spice or coffee grinder. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a thick bottom pan, add mustard seeds.
- Once they start to pop, add onions and fry them in oil until they turn light golden brown.
- Add marinated chicken with all the juices and stir fry for a few minutes.
- Add dry spices along with salt, mix it all together and cover the pan with a lid.
- Let it simmer and cook until the chicken is done and curry is thick (stirring in between from time to time).
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve hot with rice or your choice of bread.